Myanmar quake death toll passes 3,300
Digest more
Top News
Overview
Impacts
Associated Press News |
The death toll from the earthquake that hit Myanmar nearly a week ago rose Thursday to 3,145 as search and rescue teams found more bodies, the military-led government said, and humanitarian aid group...
U.S. News & World Report |
Despite a big advantage in numbers and weaponry, the military government of Senior Gen. Min Aung Hlaing has lost control of much of the country to pro-democracy fighters and ethnic minority guerrillas...
CNN |
The immense scale of the disaster has piled a fresh crisis on the impoverished Southeast Asian country, where almost 20 million people were already in need of humanitarian assistance after four years...
Read more on News Digest
Three U.S. aid workers were laid off while in Myanmar helping the rescue and recovery from the country's massive earthquake, a former senior staffer said, as the Trump administration's dismantling of foreign aid affects its disaster response.
Myanmar’s ruling military government has announced a temporary ceasefire in operations against armed opposition groups to aid recovery efforts following Friday’s devastating earthquake that killed more than 3,
Notably absent from the aftermath of the 7.7-magnitude earthquake in the poor Southeast Asian nation Myanmar: the uniquely skilled, well-equipped and swift search-and-rescue teams and disaster-response crews from the United States.
Myanmar has confirmed that 180,000 Rohingya refugees living in Bangladesh since fleeing their homeland are eligible to return, the Bangladesh government’s press office said on Friday.
At least three hospitals in the country are out of service, according to the World Health Organisation, three days after a powerful earthquake hit the country.
Explore more
The head of Myanmar’s military government arrived in Thailand in a rare international trip as his country recovers from a devastating earthquake that killed thousands.
2don MSN
Here’s what to know about the challenges from the natural disaster—compounded by ongoing civil war—and where the country could go from here.
The surprise announcement by the unelected government said the halt in fighting would run until April 22 to show compassion for people affected by last week's quake.
Shunned by most world leaders since leading a 2021 coup that overthrew an elected government and ignited nationwide conflict, Min Aung Hlaing's rare foreign trip exploits a window opened by the earthquake to ramp up diplomacy.